Your Daily Dose of Comedy!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Are Kindergartens Too Fat???

I read an article about today's kindergartens being heavier than kindergartens in the 1970s and 1980s.  I was a little surprised to read this but just a little.  The reason is because many parents choose to feed their kids convenience foods such as MacDonald's instead of a home cook meal.  Don't get me wrong, I am not saying I never give my kids fast food but I give it to them in moderation.  I am also mindful of portion sizes when I give my kids this type of food.  I think a lot of people today don't realize the amount of calories that go into a value meal at a fast food restaurant.  Heck, one value meal can be 1,900 calories. That's insane! Parents are also feeding their kids way too much junk food. Like I said before, moderation is the key along with incorporating more fruits and veggies into your kids diet.  

Since many adults today have bad eating habits and are overweight then it is not surprising that our kids are becoming heavier than kids their age 40 years ago.

http://www.babycenter.com/204_many-kindergartners-already-on-road-to-obesity-study-finds_10360069.bc

No comments:

Post a Comment