Your Daily Dose of Comedy!

Monday, January 30, 2012

I Knew Fast Food Was Bad But DANG!

I am not a fan of fast food. If I do go to a fast food restaurant I usually go to Chik fil A. I haven't done an extensive amount of research on the harmful effects of eating fast food but have read enough to make the choice to minimize the amount of fast food my family eats. For the past few years I have been on a quest to feed my family healthy foods without a lot preservatives and hormones. Don't get me wrong, I'm not over here raising my own cattle or anything. Heck I tried growing my own tomatoes but got too impatient. Reading the below article makes me glad I don't give my kids McDonald's nuggets. My husband on the other eats them like crazy. In fact, McDonalds is on my top 10 list of fast food places to avoid. According to the article, Mickey D's nuggets supposedly contain dimethylpolysiloxane, a form of silicone also used in cosmetics. They are also said to contain an an additive named tertiary butylhydroquinone (TBHQ) which is a form of butane. Seriously, why in the world would I feed my family this crap.

I do however give my family Wendy's chicken nuggets on occasion. I am afraid of what I am going to find out when I research the mysterious components of their nuggets.  I don't think all foods served at fast food restaurants are bad for you. Mickey D's has healthier options such as oatmeal, grilled chicken wraps and their fruit parfait. Like I said before I haven't done an extensive amount of research to know for sure. Read the article and watch the video at the below links to learn more about the ingredients in McDonald's food. I will do more research and let you guys know what I find out.



Why Doesn't McDonalds Happy Meals Spoil?

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, we don't eat at Wendy's, McDonald's, Subway or Taco Bell any more. I would just like to know who thought it was a great idea to put non-food items into their products? And why did this idea catch on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister read up on what nuggets actually contained/were made of and ever since then, she hasn't eaten them. I totally feel you on fast food! I haven't eaten too much of it lately, but any time I do I feel sick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I think i am going to become a farmer. I am so tired of all the mess they are doing to the food we consume, it's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good information
    will comment back ~ thanks www.oldfashionmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete